The Electronic Technology Group that belongs to the Department of Electronic Engineering is a research group consolidated within Andalusian Plan of Research of Junta de Andalucía, qualified in the last evaluation with the degree of excellent. This Group has 24 researchers of the Electronic Technology Area, 12 of which are PhDs.
This group was created in the late 80s inside the School of Engineering and its profile was purely industrial&power electronics-orientated. In the early 90s some actions and European projects encouraged them to start the industrial and power research lines applications to renewable energies, efficiency and energetic quality.
In the last years a new research line has been developed inside the GTE centred on tele-medecine, reflected in the system development of telemonitorización cardiac. Later the same research line has diversified towards microsystem development for sensors in order to answer the demands (lawsuits) of the industrial projects of the environment.
Furthermore, this research group maintains a solid collaborative relationship with EADS-CASA (nowadays AIRBUS MILITARY) and BOEING RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY EUROPE through its research group focused on electronics applied to Aeronautical&Aerospace Industry.
The research lines developed by them are:
- Industrial electronics and of Power.
- Digital microelectronics.
- Systems microprocessors and DSP`s.
- Systems of power for the energetic sector, (renewable energies and distributed cogeneration).
- Quality of energy and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Actuadores of electronic machines.
- Electronic instrumentation.
- Electronics applied to Aeronautical&Aerospace Industry.
More specifically the research activities developed in the Industrial&Power research line are:
- Electronic power conditioners for the integration of renewable sources of energy, efficiency and energetic quality.
- Advanced control of power convertors by means of DSP and microelectronic circuits.
- Advanced technologies of reduction of distortion and suppression of interferences.
The research activities developed in the microsystem research line are:
- Design of devices and electronic systems for its application in tele-medicine.
- Sensory microsystems, microfluídicos, rf-mems and microoptical.
The photonics research line covers two slopes:
- Basic research in passive components for Optical Communications, and more especially in Networks(Nets) of Bragg's diffraction in fiber.
- research more applied to the design of a network of communications hybrid optical fiber – line of power based on technology of Optical Passive Network (PUT) on ATM to offer to the potential users a connection of high quality of fiber up to the subscriber (FTTH) and a more basic connection of fiber up to the 'trasformador' and line of power up to the home (fireplace) (FTTCab-PLT).
The aeronautical research line provides advising and develops researches and engineering projects within technological lines such as:
- Power electronic systems for aeronautical applications.
- Software/Hardware technical support for design, development and maintenance of boarded and ground equipment, test benches and avionics simulators.
- Control and Orientation of satellites.
- Mission and Defense systems.
- Signal acquisition and monitoring.